Debbie Anglin, APR
Principal | Strategy | Research
Debbie has served in a variety of public relations capacities in education, corporate, nonprofit and agency settings. She earned her BA in political science from the University of Oklahoma and is nationally accredited in public relations.
In 1999, Debbie founded Anglin Public Relations to provide brilliant public relations and marketing services based on strategic and measurable goals.
Prior to establishing Anglin Public Relations, Debbie was a senior account executive at an advertising firm. In 1995, Debbie saw firsthand the tragedy of the Oklahoma City Bombing while at the American Red Cross and she reported the Red Cross response efforts to local, national and international media.
Debbie has conducted several successful campaigns within the education industry. She has worked with private, K-12 schools on branding, messaging and enrollment. She has helped multiple higher education institutions; advising leadership and enrollment officers to find and engage new students through messaging, target marketing and digital marketing.
She is especially proud to be a part of the promotion and adaption of the MAPS for Kids program. The $700 million school tax and bond program provided construction, transportation and technology projects and professional development — to benefit all of Oklahoma City’s public school students.
Debbie serves on the board for Family Builders, is a graduate of Leadership OKC Class XXII and serves on the group’s alumni board. She is a member of the Public Relations Society of America, the Stakeholder committee for Turning Point and a member of Junior League.
Education experience includes:
- Led grassroots community initiatives – the $700 million MAPS for Kids bond is one of the largest in U.S. history
- Led research, such as focus groups, electronic surveys, behavioral analysis, to increase enrollment
- Worked with disadvantaged populations
- Serves on the board of Family Builders for over 3 years, working to end child abuse
- Education client work includes: Cassidy School, A+ Schools, MAPS for Kids, Oklahoma City University and OSU OKC